Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Morning

Who needs an alarm clock when
the birds are singing before the
sun has begun to rise?

Ready for the morning they are
before I am, but now I can't help
but open up my sleepy eyes

and wake myself to start
a brand new week hoping
I will not be met with a surprise

the type of event that can
cause frustration and anger
to the point that it can demoralize

even the most upbeat of workers
with sunny dispositions,
warm smiles, and bright eyes,

ever so eager to get back
to the office and begin to
take on tasks of any size.

That's what I hope for,
nothing crazy on a Monday,
no need to devise

a plan of action to unbury
myself from a load of jobs.
Just have my coffee and say my "hi"s

to those in my office before
I sit at my desk, ready to begin
as the sun begins to rise.

No comments: