Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Friday, April 29, 2011

Home

I tried to go it alone
and forge my own path
but it never felt like home.
It was simply a place
to put my things
and lay my head.
There was no warmth there
and it showed on my weary face.
But then I found home.
It welcomed me in
with open arms and it
washed me clean with its love.
It fed me nourishing food
and it gave me a place to rest.
Now that worn and weary face
resides no more in the mirror.
Instead the mirror reflects
hope and optimism.
Home brought it all back
and now it's home
that sends me back out into the world
to go on another day.

3 comments:

bonbon3272 said...

Nice flow of words. I like the ending, after you come home and then feel refreshed, then go back out. Nice.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i like that Home that inspires and rebuilds...now give it away...

Claudia said...

finding home is a precious thing..and gives us lots of strength to go out into the sometimes cold world and spread some love...nicely penned..