Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finding Her Number

Her number
still sits on my nightstand
right on top of my Bible.
 
Maybe it’s my way of
trying to pray about
what I should do with it.
 
I found it the other day
under a pile of papers,
miscellaneous writings
 
about everything and
nothing.  Maybe I was
trying to hide it away,
 
subconsciously avoiding
any memories of her.
But now there it is
 
staring at me, a reminder
of what I felt before.  I
still wanted her the last time
 
we were in the presence of
each other even though
our lives were so different,
 
time could not be rewound
and we just talked about
what could’ve been.  She
 
still remains my one mistake
that haunts me at night when
the lights go out and I lay
 
alone in my bed.  But now
her number appears once more
and I don’t know what to do.
 
So I’ll keep it on my Bible
and pray to the heavens for
an answer to ease my mind.

No comments: