Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't Bother Knockin'



I already know who she is.
She's that friend you
told me about who
saw me when I wasn't looking.
I knew it was her
when I happened to
peek out of my window and
saw her standing next to her car.
I thought to myself,

Damn.
She's as broke down as I thought.

Figured that
was going to be the case.
because I've learned that
just as attractive and classy
tends to attract
attractive and classy,
broke down
tends to attract
broke down
and I've always felt you
were broke down.

Of course,
I won't say that to you in public.
I'm a good neighbor.
I keep my mouth shut
and go about my business.
You told me one day
she had stopped by and
you weren't sure if you
should've come over and knocked.

I'm glad you didn't because
I hate to be cornered by desperation,
her desperation to find a man
and your desperation to help her out.

Let's be clear.
We're on different levels
and I'm not lowering
my standards for anybody.
So if you want to help,
tell her the bar is high and
her ass better start jumping.

No comments: