Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 1


Day One of NaNoWriMo has arrived and I’m finally excited.  I can actually start writing.  I’ve done some planning and worked on the main characters.  But the best part of the eve of this was putting together a “soundtrack” to the story.  I used to scoff at the idea, especially a few years ago when I saw an artist boldly state that his latest album was a “soundtrack” to his autobiography that had just come out.  Now I look at that idea a little differently now.  I know this is not the time to think book or album sales, but I’m finding music to your story is important.

I tend to listen to the same types of music that my characters are listening to.  It helps me get into what they are thinking and feeling as they go along in the story.  So I’ve been digging back into my cassette tapes (yeah, still got ‘em even though I can’t play ‘em) and looking back at the music I listened to in high school and college to help me along. 

What do you guys do to get yourself ready to write?  What is your “soundtrack”?  Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

No comments: