Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

She Can Still Dream (Her Response)

If I could,
I would just run away
and let my hair down.
I would dream my dreams
and live my life with
reckless abandon and
without inhibitions.

But these are things
that I can no longer allow
to cloud my mind.
I have greater responsibilites
that require me to
stay where I am
and be those things.

To be the faithful wife,
to be the loving mother,
to give all that I have
to these roles because
my life has more people
counting on me
to be here.

I know what I wished for
and maybe one of these days
I can pursue those dreams.
But to chase them now
would only be selfish on
my part and right now,
I can't be selfish.

My dream now
is to let my children
dream for themselves,
let them run with
reckless abandon and
without inhibtions.
That will make me happy.

No comments: