Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Open Mic at Art6 Gallery

Monday, August 15, 2011

Driving Through A Relationship


You said
we don't talk like we used to.
I say
you're absolutely right.
The subjects have been exhaused
and this is not NASCAR;
I don't feel like
going around in circles.
Say what you will
but don't pin the blame on me
because the summer's almost over
and you're not having any fun.
Communication is a two way affair
and last I checked,
the art of initiation
is not a male-dominated activity.
Here's a newsflash:
I'm not chasing after you.
I've got places to go,
people to see,
and things to do.
You're more than welcome
to join along and then
we could do something
that interests you.
But if all this is
is a one-way street,
then I'm going to turn off now
and get on the highway.

No comments: